Here is a list of activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, from September 1-4, 2017.
- Look up! At the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival, hot air balloons will fill the sky from Thursday, August 31 to Monday, September 4.
- Cheer on the Ottawa Champions at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park at their final games of the season, each night from Friday, September 1 to Monday, September 4. Don’t miss the Teal Tailgate Party, following the Ovarian Cancer Walk of Hope at the Ottawa Champions game on Saturday, September 2 with bands, baseball, and fireworks!
- Celebrate Latin American culture at the Latin American Festival with a parade downtown this Sunday, September 3 on Wellington Street, ending at Marion Dewar Plaza! FREE!
- Hop on your bike for the final NOKIA Sunday Bikeday of the season! Sunday, September 3 marks the end of the car-free cycling on scenic parkways in the Ottawa area for the year. FREE!
- On Sunday, September 3 at the Canadian Museum of History, enjoy electric music with a great view at the 5thRiverside Festival!
- Celebrate Canada 150 at Mackenzie King Estate’s annual Family Event, from Saturday, September 2 to Monday, September 4. Enjoy lots of activities including live music and dancing, craft and artisan demonstrations, old-fashioned lawn games, and much more! FREE!
- Visit the ByWard Market neighbourhood for the final weekend of the special Ottawa 2017 installation, Inspiration Village! The shipping containers that showcase exhibitions, activities, and performances wrap up as of Monday, September 4. FREE!
- Belgium’s relationship with Canada is celebrated at 7 Clarence Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood from Saturday, September 2 to Friday, September 22 at the International Pavilion. FREE!
For more information on these events and others, see the Ottawa Tourism Events page.